This nail look has Valentine's Day written allllllll over it. I mean it couldn't be more Valentine's-y if it tried. It's girly, cute and a lot easier than it might look. You'll need similar polish shades to the photo above as well as a dotting tool or something similar like a bobby pin.
2. Take a white polish and outline a rounded 'M' shape. This will be the outline for your hearts. I used Snow Me White by Sinful Colours £1.99 - a total bargain for a white polish that goes on evenly and opaque in two coats
3. Now do the same thing - the rounded 'M' shape - but with your red polish. I used Essie Aperitif £7.99, leaving a thick white outline at the top of the 'M' shape
4. Take your dotting tool/toothpick/bobby pin and add white dots along the top of the 'M' shape
5. Now add smaller dots in the centre of these white dots with a pink nail varnish. I ended up using Essie Watermelon £7.99, but if you were to use the first shade you painted your nail with, you would end up with more of a lace effect
6. Add a high shine top coat and finish with some cuticle oil. Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil £11.50 is my favourite because the brush means it applies so easily (and of course it smells beautiful) but you could use a lip balm or even plain ol' olive oil
So what do you think girls? Is this something you'd give a try? If this is a bit too bold for your taste, take a look at my other Valentine's Day nail look which is a lot more subtle and involves some nude polish and glitter!